Go to Top

Working Holiday Visa

Who is this visa for?

Suitable for people aged 18 to 30 years of age, who are interested in a working holiday of up to 12 months in Australia.

This visa allows you to:

• stay in Australia for up to 12 months

• work in Australia for up to six months with each employer

• study for up to four months

• leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid.

You might be able to get this visa if you:

• have not previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 462)

• hold a valid passport from a country involved in the Working Holiday Program with Australia

• have turned 18 years of age but have not yet turned 31

• are a genuine visitor who wants to have a holiday in Australia

• have enough money to support yourself on a working holiday (about AUD 5000)

• have enough money to buy a return or onward travel ticket at the end of your stay

• will not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay.

Second Working Holiday Visa

To apply for a second Working Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 417), you must:

• have complied with all the conditions on your first Working Holiday visa

• have not previously held more than one Working Holiday visa

• have completed three months of specified work in regional Australia while on your first Working Holiday visa.

• If you are already in Australia, and wish to remain onshore, you should apply for a second Working Holiday visa before your first Working Holiday visa expires.

Countries who presently have a Working Holiday visa arrangement with Australia are:

Argentina, Bangladesh, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland , Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Thailand, Taiwan, Turkey, United States of America and United Kingdom.