Who is this visa for?
Suitable for people aged 18 to 30 years of age, who are interested in a working holiday of up to 12 months in Australia.
This visa allows you to:
• stay in Australia for up to 12 months
• work in Australia for up to six months with each employer
• study for up to four months
• leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid.
You might be able to get this visa if you:
• have not previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 462)
• hold a valid passport from a country involved in the Working Holiday Program with Australia
• have turned 18 years of age but have not yet turned 31
• are a genuine visitor who wants to have a holiday in Australia
• have enough money to support yourself on a working holiday (about AUD 5000)
• have enough money to buy a return or onward travel ticket at the end of your stay
• will not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay.
Second Working Holiday Visa
To apply for a second Working Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 417), you must:
• have complied with all the conditions on your first Working Holiday visa
• have not previously held more than one Working Holiday visa
• have completed three months of specified work in regional Australia while on your first Working Holiday visa.
• If you are already in Australia, and wish to remain onshore, you should apply for a second Working Holiday visa before your first Working Holiday visa expires.
Countries who presently have a Working Holiday visa arrangement with Australia are:
Argentina, Bangladesh, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland , Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Thailand, Taiwan, Turkey, United States of America and United Kingdom.