Go to Top

Work & Holiday Visas

Work and Holiday Visa

Who is this visa for?

The Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 462) is suitable for people aged 18 to 30 years of age, who are interested in a working holiday of up to 12 months in Australia.

This visa allows you to:

• stay in Australia for up to 12 months

• work in Australia for up to six months with each employer

• study for up to four months

• leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid

You may be able to get this visa if you:

• hold a valid passport from a country involved in the Work and Holiday Program with Australia

• have turned 18 years of age, but have not yet turned 31

• are a genuine visitor who wants to have a holiday in Australia

• have not previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462) or a Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)

• meet education requirements (graduated from high school, or completed an equivalent qualification)

• have a letter of support from your government of origin (unless you are from the U.S. or China)

• have enough money to support yourself on a working holiday (about AUD 5000)

• have enough money to buy a return or onward travel ticket at the end of your stay

• have evidence of functional English

• meet health and character requirements

• will not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay

Countries who presently have a Work and Holiday visa arrangement with Australia are:

Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Slovak Republic,

Slovenia, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Thailand, Uruguay and USA.

**Quotas apply for most countries.