Who is this visa for?
The Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) is a points based permanent visa option for killed migrants that allows you to settle anywhere in Australia. This Skilled visa requires he sponsorship of a State/Territory government.
In order to be invited to apply for this visa you must achieve a minimum of 60 points. The system is targeted to meet Australia’s skills needs and is not a first-in-first grantedapproach to visa grants. Invitations to apply for a visa are offered to the highest ranking scores.
To qualify for this visa you must:
• to apply have an occupation on the relevant State Skilled occupation list
• meet any additional State eligibility and nomination criteria
• have a positive skills assessment in the occupation, issued less than three years ago
• have a qualifying score of at least 60 in the points test
• have a score of at least 6 in each component of IELTS, or it’s equivalent score in any accepted English language testing system, unless you have an exempt passport
• lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) and receive an invitation to apply
• be under the age of 50 at the time of invitation to apply
• lodge the visa application within the specified period of the invitation to apply
• meet health and character requirements
Points are awarded based on the applicant’s age, English ability, work experience and qualifications amongst others. Nomination by a State provides an additional 5 points. Applicant’s must meet the state eligibility criteria and be committed to live in the relevant State for a 2 year period.
There are no scheduled invitation rounds for State Nominated visas.