Who is this visa for?
The Parent visa allows parents to migrate to Australia permanently to join their children living in Australia. It requires sponsorship from an eligible child in Australia.
The government limits the number of available Parent visas available each program year. Therefore, applicants who apply and meet core criteria for this visa are placed in a global queue.
Under the Contributory Parent visa program, applicants pay a larger fee with a shorter processing period.
General requirements include:
• Applicants must pass the balance of family test
• Parent migrants must be sponsored by their child who must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
• Applicants can meet health and character requirements
Applications for the Parent visa must usually be lodged outside Australia.
Contact us to fully discuss all Parent visas options, we manage both temporary and permanent subclasses, including:
• Parent Permanent (subclass 103)
• Contributory Parent Temporary (subclass 173)
• Contributory Parent Permanent (subclass 143)