Who is this visa for?
This visa allows a child of an Australian permanent resident who is currently outside Australia to come to Australia to live with their parents.
The Child visa (subclass 101) is a permanent visa which allows a child, who is living outside Australia to to come to Australia to live with their parents. A Child visa allows an eligible parent to sponsor their child to live in Australia.
If a child is younger than 18 years of age a parent may apply on behalf of the child.
General requirements include:
• The child must be sponsored by a parent who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
• The child is 18 years of age; or
• A full-time student between 18-25 years of age; or
• 18 years of age, or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent
• The child is a biological child, or adopted child, of the sponsoring parent
• The child is a step-child (who has not turned 18) of a step-parent, who is no longer the partner of the child’s parent, but has a legal responsibility to care for the child