Aged Parent Visa
Who is this visa for?
The Parent visa allows parents to migrate to Australia permanently to join their children living in Australia. It requires sponsorship from an eligible child in Australia.
The government limits the number of available Parent visas available each program year. Therefore, applicants who apply and meet core criteria for this visa are placed in a global queue.
Under the Contributory Parent visa program, applicants pay a larger fee with a shorter processing period.
An aged parent is one who is old enough to be granted an Australian age pension. For male applicants, the qualifying age is currently 65 years and for female applicants, the qualifying age ranges from 63 to 65, depending on the applicant’s date of birth.
General requirements include:
• Applicants must meet the age requirement
• Applicants must pass the balance of family test
• Parent migrants must be sponsored by their child who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
• Applicants can meet health and character requirements
An Aged Parent visa must be applied for onshore and applicants are required to be in Australia at the time that the visa is granted.
Contact us to fully discuss all Aged Parent visas options, we manage both temporary and permanent subclasses, including:
• Aged Parent Permanent (subclass 804)
• Contributory Aged Parent Temporary (884)
• Contributory Aged Parent Permanent (864)